Sunday, September 14, 2014

Getting to Know Me, Daisy

Well after you read quick "About Me" facts on the main page of my blog, this is just a little more about me.

I try to take a realistic and easy-going approach (I guess you could say) to parenting.  I guess you could say that I go against the grain.  I am by no means a "book parent."  Reading through part of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" is as close as I have come reading a parenting book.  So if you are the type of parent who does things by the book, then I would leave and not come back, unless you are trying to change your ways.  You will find little (if any) research/facts/statistics here, just plain old fashioned common sense parenting.

I believe that every child, parent, and family is different, so what may work for one child won't necessarily work for another.  This has already proven true with my two little ones.


I think kid's should be allowed PLENTY of time to get dirty and have fun.  As Ms. Frizzle says, "...Take chances.  Make mistakes.  Get Messy."  After all, you only have one life to live.  I want to enjoy my one life, and I'm sure my babies want to enjoy their one life too.  The messy house will always be there tomorrow.

I LOVE getting down on the floor with my kiddos to play tractors, dinosaurs, or just wrestle.  I firmly believe that they will remember that better than they will the time mom cleaned the bathroom, and I think memories are the most precious gift anyone can receive.

What else do you want to know about me?


I plan to post anything and everything related to children (tips, creative play ideas, maybe some recipes because I LOVE to cook, etc.).  I don't even know how often I will publish a new post, just whenever I have time and a topic.

Oh, I should add that I hope you do leave comments, advice for others, etc., but please do so in a respectful manner or else I won't allow it to be published.  You are perfectly welcome to disagree with me.  Take what you like, and leave the rest.  Thank you in advance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment